Thursday, February 8, 2007

My first post

So, I've been debating all day what my first blog post should be about. I figured it should be something that sets the tone for all other posts, something significant, intelligent, something that would matter to my future readers. I went over the important events of the day: Anna Nicole Smith's death, Dallas named some guy, Wade Phillips, as their new head coach, R. Kelly had his appendix out; not sure if I want to welcome him into the fun race of Non-Appendix having people, but oh well. So after much thought, I decided to relay a small occurrence that happened during my lunch hour today. An occurrence, that is partially responsible for my blogging beginnings....

I had to run out out of the office into the frigid ridiculous temperatures to get a few things at lunch time. I chose Walgreens, even though I hate this store because it fools you into thinking it is the type of store that will have what you need, but it never actually does. They will have my shampoo and not the matching conditioner or only scratchy Scott toilet paper, the regular size rolls of paper towels or suntan shaded pantyhose.

On this particular visit, I was surprisingly delighted that they happened to have South Beach Meal Bars on sale for 3 for $6. This is a very good deal for those in the South Beach world. In typical Walgreens fashion though, they did not have a wide variety of flavors and there were not very many left of those they did have. I decided to purchase 6 bars and immediately selected two of my favorite flavor (cinnamon and creme). As I was perusing the rest of the flavors, I see this hand come from around my back and snatch the remaining 3 cinnamon and creme flavored bars from right in front of me! Now, please understand two things: 1) My basket was in my other arm so the person attached to the offending hand did not know I had already finished stocking up on this flavor, 2) The area where these bars are displayed is about the width of my shoulders with a cash register on one side of me and a fellow human being on the other. This offender (Doctor Claw) therefore had to squish themselves up against the cashier's counter, reach around, snatch the bars, and then actually stalked off in a huff! You might be thinking that perhaps I was taking a long time picking out my flavors and Doctor Claw got impatient. But! That was not the case! I know this because just one moment prior to that I looked around to make sure nobody was waiting for me. Why? Because I am a good, nice person. Doctor Claw, however, was not. She apparently decided that she needed these bars so badly it was worth bogarding her way in front of me; completely ignoring my presence along with the possibility that I might have been about to select one of those Cinnamon and cream bars to put in my shopping basket. There are a lot of not nice people in this world, and/or maybe just people without ability to interact with others in a decent fashion. In light of this fact, I feel that this blog may have a lot to say about these types. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the City of Brotherly Hate. My new city slogan: Philadelphia, Where Only the Pigeons are Prosperous.

Amanda said...

One word "pluck"