Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Example #2873 of how my company is screwing me...

I just finished reading an article by Dow Jones relating to [insert name of the company I work for here] and its financial status. I was thrilled to learn that our earnings have improved! One particular paragraph really caught my eye! Please note:

"began to gain some positive momentum towards growth in the third and fourth quarters, it was time to reward its employees financially for helping the company recover. The payments which included an additional performance-based contribution of $23 million to its 401(k) program and an additional 8% increase in its bonus payouts, came to a total of nearly $100 million in one-time compensation."

You know, that was very intriguing as I do not recall receiving a bonus, my 401k plan was cut back, and my raise was bullshit. Wait a minute...

(I can cannot claim to be the author of the above rant, but I agree with its sentiments whole heartily. The true author has chosen to remain anonymous)

This article has caused quite a stir with us working peons. I can hear cubicles around me all 'abuzz' with the news. Mostly I think I'm hearing !@!%#@!!*&@! [insert the name of the company I work for here]!

....Ah, we just received an email that our office will be participating in a company wide conference call with our CFO to discuss 4th quarter earnings. Wonder if he will address the above?? I'll tell you what, if he tells us where that money went, I will stand up on the board room table, jump around like a gorilla and eat my pen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, do you think that if I start walking through the aisles here like I am in the Thriller video they will realize that I'm dying here?

Amanda said...

You'll eat your pen? That'll show them. Way to get even, J. PS - a raise? What is that? Start working for the county. No matter how much more the organization makes (which by the way is a direct reflection of a certain someone's marketing efforts) we don't see a dime in our bank accounts. Suck on an egg county...no one wants to keep working for you.