Thursday, March 29, 2007

Should politics be discussed in blogs?

I have hesitated for a while posting about politics because I feel the topic is just annoying in general and it makes people angry. I don't want my blog readers to be angry. But, I do have to vent about just one thing... When the Bush Administration is accused of wrong-doing, they blame one of two things: #1 bias in the press #2 crazy democrats on a witch hunt. And this explanation always seems to rally people on their side. Now, I'm no expert in politics, BUT, isn't it obvious to people that they place the blame where they do because they have nowhere else to put it? They have nothing else better to say so they blame the people who caught them. Haven't we been doing the same thing to our siblings for years? Why don't people see this? Is everyone delusional? I just don't get it. This simple fact seems to slip past so many people whose views and opinions I value on almost any other topic. It bafounds me (baffles and confounds combined). It's a whole new level of confusion.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I can't comment on this post due to my firm policy of never, ever, ever discussing politics.

Brian said...

its your blog, you can talk about whatever you want. regarding politics, there are many things that would bother me, so i just dont worry about it. here is your post through my eyes [with my thoughts as i read]:

I have hesitated for a while posting about [bah] because I feel the topic is just annoying in general and it makes people angry [i hesitated posting for a while because the topic is annoying in general...]. I don't want my blog readers to be angry [i am not that mad, yet]. But, I do have to vent about just one thing... When Bush [snicker] is accused of wrong-doing, they blame one of two things: #1 bias in the press #2 crazy democrats on a witch hunt. And this explanation always seems to rally [monkey] people on their side [i have only ever seen people rally on their feet, you got the ninth inning rally, the million man march/rally, the puke and rally...]. Now, I'm no expert in politics [true], BUT, isn't it obvious to people that they place it where they do because they have nowhere else to put it? [thats what she said] They have nothing else better to say so they blame the people who caught them. Haven't we been doing the same thing to our siblings for years[that assumes your siblings have ever caught you doing something wrong... clearly i am better at being bad than you are...]? Why don't people see this [i might feel violated if people saw me wrong doing my siblings, WHAT?]? Is everyone delusional [getting there reading this post]? I just don't get it [i wont tell the washington post]. This simple fact seems to slip past so many people whose views and opinions I [used to] value on almost any other topic [thats politics for you]. It bafounds me (baffles and confounds combined)[you had me at bafound]. It's a whole new level of confusion.

Jeanine & Piper said...

I feel honored that I just received a "that's what she said" comment on my blog. Thanks! lol. I never knew you put that much thought into blog readings. But, good to know I'm not the only one. Thanks also for reminding me of the "puke and rally" phenomenon. I always marveled at the people who could accomplish that feat. Please incorporate "bafound" into your vocabulary. It's my goal to one day hear someone not privvy to my bloggings to say something like "That's BAFOUNDING!" Then I will know I am on the right path in life.