Sunday, March 18, 2007

I'm back!!

Hello all,

I hope I haven't lost you. Please forgive my absence but it's been an eventful past week or so. A lot has happened so I will clue you all in on the highlights (or at least the things I have a sense of humor about).

First, I would like to say that my "Puffy Face Syndrome" has been resolved, replaced by the worst cold I've had in about 5 years. Nothing works. I've tried: Theraflu, DayQuil, NightQuil and inhaling a pot full of steamy water. This was Calvin's suggestion-it did work, as long as I kept my face right over the pot of boiling water... obviously this didn't last long. I even made myself some kind of alcohol shot with what had in the house (rum, kahula and tequila) - I always see Grandmother's (on TV Grandmothers) supply some type of alcoholic concoction to their loved ones so I figured I'd try it. No luck, but I did sleep for about 2 hours after that. "WaaaaaaChoooo!!!" that was me sneezing again. Enough of this cold talk. Oh and just as an FYI, that concocotion...not so bad really.

So, I went to the Bahamas, Atlantis, to be exact for a business trip. Under normal circumstances, going to the Bahamas would be great, but I went there to work, so it sucked. I had absolutely no free time. Let me tell you, there is nothing worse than riding down in an elevator jam packed with people on their way to the beach, smelling like suntan lotion, while you're dressed up in a suit. No. Nothing worse.

I had the lucky pleasure of being on a floor jam packed with Springbreakers. Obviously weathly ones, since they could afford Atlantis, but incredibly out of control and ridiculous. I know for a fact I never acted like these kids. I'm calling them kids; I'm old. I spent the first night from about 1:30 am-5:30 am listening to kids run up and down halls, slam doors, yell, break stuff, and talk back to and later on engage in fisticuffs with the security guards. I could maybe rationalize this behavior somewhat if they were in a hotel full of Springbreakers, but as this is a family resort, that was clearly not the case. At some point, they must have been sober enough to realize this. I hate them. All of them.

Luckily, I got some of their friends back on the plane ride home. The flight wasn't very full and I had a whole row of seats to myself. Unfortunately, there were three yapping fluttery skirt girls behind me. "Like he was totally hot" " I know right" "Oh my god did I actually say that!?!!" "I was sooo drunk." ...... Kill me...Just kill me now. Prior to take-off and about 20 minutes into their conversation, the pilot got on the intercom and said we were free to move around and change seats as the flight was finished boarding. Now, even though I technically had no reason to move as I had a whole row to myself, I promptly uprooted myself and proceeded to move one row up and one row over figuring that was a good enough distance to put between me and the girls from hell. When I went back to move my luggage from the overhead, I was rewarded with a "tsk." and a dirty look from said girls. I know it's not much, but the knowledge that I managed to annoy at least someone on this trip was very rewarding.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So on my recent flight home, we discovered the amazingness of emergency row seats. The whole time I was sitting there enjoying the extra leg room I kept thinking what if some crazy just decided to pull the latch and open the door? Wouldn't that be insane? And it wouldn't be hard to do at all. In fact, normally rational Jen said she had a hard-to-resist urge to do just that.

The point of this story is that if those girls were sitting anywhere near me I don't think I would have had the power to not open the door and push those girls and their ruffly skirts into the vast world of nothingness.