Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Savoring the last minutes of warm

So, I guess it's not really warm at the moment as I have a jacket on and my feet are freezing, but apparently this is all I've got until next week sometime. I hear it's supposed to be colder on Easter than it was on Christmas. That is simply unacceptable. I would like more than anything to give up my Winter Coat to Goodwill (it's seen better days) and I can't seem to get rid of the blasted thing.

I have a phone interview for a job in NYC on Friday so I need everyone to cross their fingers for me. It's probably with just some HR person or something, so I don't see how I can possibly mess it up, but stranger things have happened. I have to do the interview from home, so I'm going to be sure I am sitting down in a quite area (maybe my closet) where nothing can possibly happen to me. If I walk around while I'm talking, I'm apt to stub my toe into something abominable and let out a whomping curse. Or if I tried to get a glass of water I could break the glass on the floor and then have to do the whole rest of the interview surrounded by glass while simultaneously trying to stop Chloe from coming in and walking in the vicinty. These are the things I think about.

So, sitting down in the closet (to minimize the dog barking sound should anyone enter or leave my building during the interview time)surrounded by soft things like clothes, pillows and blankets seems like the best option. I should be safe unless my over populated shelves choose that very moment to topple down around me. I worry about this misfortune happening every time I'm in my closet. It hasn't happened yet, but if it's going to happen there is a high likelihood it will happen at the most inopportune moment, such as during a phone interview. I would pick the bathroom, but I fear it might be too echoey and the interviewer will think I'm in the bathroom. They'd be right, but we can't have that. So, in closing, what we have to hope for is Jeanine does great on her interview, says all the right things, sits in one place, doesn't get hurt and avoids dog barking and shelf fallage. Alright people pray for me.

No comments: